Quality care Devon is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC), to provide care to a wide range of service user groups, including:
- Older People
- Younger Adults
- Learning Disabilities
- People with Sensory Impairment
- People with Mental Health Problems
- People with Dementia
- End of Life Care
We currently Offer the Following Services:
- Personal care and hygiene support
- Assistance to get up in the morning and get ready to go to bed
- Help with bathing & showering
- Assistance with prescribed medication
- Meal and food preparation
- Laundry and domestic tasks
- Night sitting/waking services
- Social Support
We work closely with other healthcare professionals such as Social Workers, General Practitioners (GP’s), District Nurses and Occupational Therapists to make sure your needs are taken into account when providing a service to you. All of our services are available seven days a week, including bank holidays. We employ trained staff who are able to provide a wide range of personal and practical support whenever you need it.
Before Quality Care Devon can begin working with you:
Carry out a health and safety inspection to make sure that the environment is safe for both you and our worker.
If we are providing a service for you on behalf of Social Care, they will tell us the tasks we are to undertake for you. If any changes are required to the care we provide, Social Care will need to agree and approve these changes.
Carry out a moving and handling assessment, if necessary.
Your views will always be taken into account, and if you wish, a friend or a family member can be with you when we carry out any visit or review.
Your care plan will be reviewed every 6 -12 months, but you can contact us any time to request a review if you feel you need some appropriate alterations. If we are providing a service for you on behalf of Social Care, they will tell us the tasks we are to undertake for you. If any changes are required to the care we provide, Social Care will need to agree and approve these changes.
Our care workers cannot undertake the following tasks:
- Filling Compliance aids (dossett boxes) for medication.
- Cutting finger and toe nails
- Giving Injections
- Changing Sterile Dressing
- Inserting or Withdrawing Catheters
- Giving Suppositories or Enemas
- Moving and/or lifting heavy objects of furniture
- Signing or witnessing wills or bequests